Master advanced SQL database coding w/ MySQL Workbench. My SQL course takes your SQL analysis skills to new heights!
What you’ll learn
- Write advanced SQL queries to explore and analyze databases with MySQL Workbench
- Learn how to use subqueries and temporary tables to handle complex multi-step data problems
- Solve practical hands-on assignments and real-world eCommerce use cases
- Analyze data across multiple tables with powerful MySQL JOIN statements
- Master unique tips and tools that you won’t find anywhere else
- Get LIFETIME access to resource files, quizzes, assignments, and expert support
- MySQL Workbench and Community Server for Mac or Windows/PC (we’ll walk you through the free install process)
- Students are expected to have completed our SQL for Beginners course, and have a solid grasp of SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an advanced SQL course, which builds on the skills covered in our introductory MySQL courses. Please review the prerequisite skills or complete the beginner SQL course before taking this one!
- Prerequisite SQL Skills Assessment In this section we’ll address the core SQL/MySQL skills that you should be comfortable with before starting the course, including SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins. If you aren’t sure how your skills stack up, we’ve included a quiz to assess your baseline SQL knowledge.
- MySQL Setup & Install For students who haven’t completed our intro course, we’ll demonstrate exactly how to download and install the tools that we’ll need to access MySQL, including MySQL Community Server & MySQL Workbench. We’ll share download guides for both Mac & PC, and run our first piece of SQL code to generate the project database that we’ll analyze throughout the course.
- Traffic Analysis & Optimization In this section we’ll use MySQL to analyze where our website traffic is coming from, how different sources perform in terms of traffic volume and conversion rates, and how we can adjust bids to optimize our budgets.
- Website Measurement & testing this section we’ll dive into page-level website data to compare traffic and conversion rates, and use MySQL to build and analyze conversion funnels to help optimize the customer purchase experience.
Who this course is for:
- Analysts or BI professionals looking to quickly retrieve or analyze data stored in relational database systems
- Excel users looking to shift into a broader business intelligence or database-focused role
- SQL users looking to develop advanced skills and master one of the world’s most popular and powerful database programming languages
- Students looking for a hands-on, practical, and highly engaging way to master MySQL for data analysis and business intelligence
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
- NOTE: This course is NOT for database administrators (we won’t cover tools to build or maintain databases in this course)