Well, many people have asked me “how do i use Telenet”…“how do i use an outdial”. Well i have decided to write a very basic file on telenet and how to get around on the networks.
Well Telenet and others are PSN’s or (Packet Switching Networks) these nets are connected to many other networks around the world. You can do alot with just basic knowledge that i have (most of you will know this and way beyond what i know but some will benefit from it) i will start with some of the terms that are often used with these services.
Access Number- The direct number that you dial to access a network (duh).
Nua (Network Users Address) – An Nua is basicly a number you type in to access that particular service think of an Nua as a phone number sorta its not an actually phone number with an Acn country code or whatever because the service is connected to the network world wide. I hope that was fairly clear let me show this think of the planet earth as an network and to reach the services on the planet you call the phone number like the service is a persons residence or business phone or payphone whatever just like on a network an Nua is the Address to a system or outdial whatever on the particular network. I hope this is clear or atleast somewhat understood.
Nui (Network User Identification) – An Nui is like a Account and Password to the network like an account and password is to a bbs that lets you access the system. Some people use Nui for like anything like an Vax system Unix systems they are referring to an Nui as basicly a account on the particular system that lets you use the system.
DNIC (Data Network Identification Code) – The DNIC is like a 4 digit code that represents what Psn it is think of an DNIC like an AreaCode and the Nua the individual phone number.
Outdial – Is basicly what it says an modem port connected somewhere on the network that will allow you to dial out from and connect data only to a actually phone number not an Nua.
Pad (Packet Assemble Disassembler) – an x.25 pad is very useful an pad using x.25. protocal transmits at 9600 bps to an Nua. This may sound funny but i call them “Launch Pads” heh like with an x.25 you can usally access any Nua on the planet by usally typing the Dnic+Nua.
Now i will explain various things and give helpful ideas.
Let me start off with some helpful things for you to try and do.
The first thing your going to have to have is your Access number it is very easy to get your local access number. Simply call telenet at 1-800-TELENET that is thier customer service number and ask for your dialup the operator will ask for your area code and prefix of your phone number he/she will also ask your baud rate. There are many telenet ports across the country and internationly with varying baud rates from 110 bps (yuck) to 9600 (i wish i had) so you will want your maximum baud port most locations have atleast 1200 many have 2400 and not alot have 9600 ports like for big cities like Detroit and Los Angeles at the end of the file i will list some useful numbers.
Some things to do while online with Telenet and Tymnet. While at the @ on the Telenet system type “mail” or “C mail” or “telemail” or even “c telemail” this access’s telenets mail system simple entitled “Telemail” from there it will ask “user name” or something like that type “phones” next it will prompt you “password” enter “phones”. The phones service has alot of worthy information it will give you a menu to choose from the rest should be self explanatory. Along with the other information on the phones service there is a complete updated list of all Telenet access numbers which is conveinent. Once you have tried the phones service also on telemail enter “Intl/Associates” as the user name and “Intl” for the international access numbers. If you are calling from overseas somewhere connect with an telenet access number then type this Nua at the telenet @ prompt “311020200142” and enter the username and password.
You might want to pick up a sort of a reference booklet on Telenet simply again call the customer service number and ask them for “How to use Telenet’s Asychronus Dial Service” and give them your address which is self explanatory.
Another tidbit of info you would like to know if you already didnt know that Telenet is owned by Us Sprint long distance service.
The same goes for Tymnet service you will first need an Access Number. Simply call Tymnet customer service at 1-800-872-7654 and ask them. Again you might like to get Tymnets reference booklet on how to use there system simply again ask them to send it to you. Once online with a Tymnet access number type “Information” at the user name prompt and you will be connected to another nice thing on tymnet which you have access to all thier Access Numbers also just like the “phones” service on Telenet. Tymnet is owned by “Mcdowell Douglas” corporation. Unlike Telenet where a long distance company owns the network. On Tymnet in the “Information” service there is a very cool option that will provide you with all the Dnic’s (Networks) available from Tymnet. You may also want to get that on buffer but for your conveinience i will include a copy of that. The file “Basic.NetworksII” is the complete listing and i would like the Basic.NetworksII file to be accompanied by this file for the most part.
Now i will discuss Outdials and tell how to use them. An Outdial on Telenet is an Pcp Port usally. It will enable you to connect data with a carrier. An Outdial is a modem connected up to the network to access the outdial spimply type the outdials Nua. Usally you will need a Nui or Pad to use an Outdial on Telenet just to let you know. Once connected to an Outdial on Telenet type “Ctrl-e” to get into the command mode of the Outdial or if your sharp on your Hayes modem AT command set just issue the commands thru the Outdial besure to type “Atz” when logged in to reset the modem parameters to default values. Outdials range from different baud rates just like what kind of modem is hooked into the Outdial port. This is the basic Telenet Outdial but there are many types a Tymnet Asychronus is a very good Outdial to use like i said there are many different types the above is for Telenet Pcp Outdials which are used most widely.
Well now i will explain how to scan telenet and how to find Pcp outdials etc. When scanning telenet call your Access Number and at the prompt enter the Nua. Plan to scan a certain amount of Nua’s in a session wether the number is up to you, usally when i scan i scan in blocks of 100 you can find alot of things while scanning. I will tell how to find pcp outdials, first if your looking for a particular area code for the outdial take the 313 area code for example usally an outdial is in the first 150 numbers scanned so i would suggest if scanning for outdials scan like this…the area code for which you want the outdial two 0’s then a three digit number so the scan would look like this…31300001,31300002,31300003 etc… im sure you get it…along the way you will probably find other neat things. Some things to know when scanning telenet is when you enter an Nua and it freezes like wont do anything send a break signal, for me i use Proterm for the Apple the break signal is open-apple b once the break signal is sent it should go back to a @ prompt again. If you try scanning another nua directly after you broke out from the frozen portion Telenet will give you an error message “Connection Pending” which means it is still looking for the Nua system from which you requested previously. To remedy this situation after the break signal is sent type “d” for disconnect it will then tell you the connection has been terminated. Proceed scanning the Nua continuing where you left off. (Note. you will get the freeze and have to repeat the sequence over and over again as of there are A LOT of Nuas that freeze) Well i bet your asking “how do i know when ive found an outdial?” usally Telenet will respond with a connect message and then nothing try to type “Atz” if it responds “ok” then you have a Outdial port where as Atz is the hayes modem command for reseting the modems paramaters to default settings. Ok now i will explain some things to look for and some wise things to do while scanning and also supply an response key explanations.
Whenever you “Connected” to an Nua write it down no matter what it is make notes of what you find and label them for instance if you encounter any of these messages.
User Name = a Vax System Login = a Unix system Primenet = a prime system Password = something worth noting
Basicly anything that connects take note of this is very useful for finding systems to hack on even though most or all of Telenet has been scanned at one time or another there are always somethings to do! that is a FACT! Be sure to write down all “Refused Collect Connection” also because we must not forget that when we request an Nua that we are asking for a collect call all Nuas inputed on Telenet without an Nui are being paid for by the particlar system requested that is why when an Outdials Nua is requested without any sort of Pad,Nui etc. it will not excecpt the call in all cases i have encountered
Here is a list of Network Messages that Telenet will respond with remember these are for any type of Telenet access the following may appear and a completed explanation.
@ is the network command prompt
? the last entry was invalid
- Access Bared – Your connection request does not allow you to connect to this system
- Access to This Address not permitted – Your Nui is not authorized to access the address you typed
- Attempt Aborted – You enterd the disconnect command (as we said before when it freezes when scanning)
- Busy – All the ports,destinations are in use try again later
- Collect Wats Call Not Permitted – Collect Wats calls not permitted by your host or authorized by your Nui
- Connected – Your terminal has been connected to the Nua system you requested
- Connection From – Your terminal has been called by another computer or terminal
- Connection Pending – The Network is try to establish a connection with the Nua you requested (enter the d command or “bye” to disconnect the attempt)
- Disconnected – Your terminal has been disconnected from the terminal you called
- Enhanced Network Services System Error – Your call couldnt be Verified contact customer service
- Enhanced Network services unavailable at this time – Serivce is temporarily unavailable try again later
- Illegal Address – enter the Connect sequence again whether it be an Nua or a system name
- Invalid Charge Request – your payment selection is not valid
- Invalid User Id or Password – The Nui you entered is not valid
- Local Congestion – Your local Access number is busy try again in a couple minutes
- Local Disconnect – Your Terminal has been disconnected
- Local Network Outage – A temporary problem is preventing you from using the network
- Local Procedure Error – Communication problems by the network caused the network to clear your call
- Not Available,Not Operating,Not Responding – Your Computer cannot accept your request for connection try later
- Not Connected – You have entered a command thai s only valid when connected to a system type “cont” to be brought back into the connection
- Not Reachable – A temporary conditon prevents you from using the network
- Password – This is the prompt which apprears after youve entered an Nui
- Possible Data Loss – connecton has been reset
- Refused Collect Connection – Your payment selection must be prepaid
- Rejecting – Host copmputer refuses to accept the call
- Remote Procedure Error – Communication problems forced the network to clear our call
- Still Connected – You requested another service while your online to another
- Telenet XXX XXX – Network Port you are using
- Terminal – This is the terminal type prompt
- Unable to validate call – Your Nui has been temporarily disbaled
- Unable to validate call contact admin – The Nui has been permently disabled
- Unknown Adress – Your Nua may be invalid
- Wats Call not permitted – Telenet In-wats calls are not permitted by your host or your Nui
Well that is the end of the Telenet messages and this is the end of our file only left is the numbers i have and some other usual stuff
Telenet Customer service 1-800-TELENET Tymnet Customer service 1-800-872-7654 Telenet Access # 313/964-2988 1200 bps 313/963-2274 2400 313/964-3133 9600 bps Tymnet Access# 313/962-2870 Global Outdial at 20200123
Well that is about it id like to greet some people here SoldierOfFortune,Frodo,TheBit,Hellraiser,Icecube,Slaytanic,Corrupt,Lorax,Deadman#The Disk Master,The Hunter,DPAK,MOD,Rat,The Traxster,The Apple Bandit,El Cid,Shadow,Blue Adept,Blacknight,LOD,HALE,DungeonMaster,Blackbeard,Kilroy,The Whole Interchat scene,All my buddys from the alliances,Gambler,Sabers Edge,Misfit,The Flash,Qsd friends,All the people who called my Vmb’z for “Rad Infoz” and helped to keep it going and all the whole people you make a difference “All you Kids out There keep the Faith!”
I can be reached on Funtime Gs at 305-989-0181 d215*guest is the new user pass
I can be reached at this Vmb 313-980-5632
and soon im going to be running a bbs with a friend of mine so be sure to look for that like i said im outta here Slaytze!!!