What you'll learn
- Data Driven Web Application Development
- How to manipulate data using Entity Framework
- How to use Bootstrap 3
- An understanding of the .Net MVC Application Development Flow
- Visual Studio 2017/2019 Community Edition
- How to use JQuery, JQueryUI and AJAX
- How To Connect to and Use GitHub
- How to Manage Packages in a .NET Project
- A Reliable Internet Connection
- A desire to learn
Using MVC, Entity Framework, and ASP.NET Scaffolding, we will go through building a small school management system while learning key concepts in ASP.NET MVC development. This course will show you how to leverage MVC's Scaffolding features to quickly construct data driven html pages and how to write queries to the database using .NET's famed Entity Framework with C#.
Why Learn .NET MVC
Microsoft .NET is the platform that drives the business technology of many of the top corporations in the United States and many other countries. It is the predominant technology used to drive enterprise-scale business technology. Companies have chosen .NET because for its proven scalability, reliability, and support.
The .NET language of choice to learn is C#, as it is among the most widely used languages today. It’s a general purpose programming language that can handle almost any problem, from desktop to mobile to dynamic web applications. As such, there is a high demand across the world for .NET developers in a variety of industries, so that means that more jobs are available for candidates with a foundation built upon .NET technologies.
About This Course
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Build a fully data driven web application
- Understand the MVC Folder Structure
- Add Data models to your project using Entity Framework
- Write basic LINQ queries
- Understand how Models, Views and Controllers combine to facilitate a web application
- Understand Razor Syntax in views
- Understand C# Model Classes
- Understand how to add views and actions to a controller
- Upload a project to GitHub
- Manage Packages in an MVC Project
User JQuery and tools to increase interactivity and animations on the interface.
Content and Overview
To take this course, you will need to have some knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, if not C#. Even if you do not have much exposure to the .NET development stack, this course is very beginner friendly and chock full of development tips.
This is a huge course. Over 5 hours of premium content, but smartly broken up to highlight a set of related activities based on each module in the application that is being built. We will also look at troubleshooting and debugging errors as we go along; implementing best practices; writing efficient logic and understanding why developers do things the way they do. Your knowledge will grow, step by step, throughout the course and you will be challenged to be the best you can be.
By the time you have finished the course you will have moved around in Visual Studio and examined logic and syntax errors so much, that it will be second nature for you when working in the .NET environment. This will put your new learned skills into practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
The course is complete with working files hosted on GitHub, with the inclusion of some files to make it easier for you to replicate the code being demonstrated. You will be able to work alongside the author as you work through each lecture and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Clicking the Take This Course button could be the best step you could take towards quickly increasing your income and marketability! Also, remember that if you don't think the course is worth what you spent, you have a full 30 days to get a no questions asked refund!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner .NET Developers seeking to explore modern website development methods
- Intermediate .Net Developers seeking more answers