Security Tips You must have heard of dark web or deep web and as you know its a scary place and its full of skilled cyber criminals. So it becomes necessary to secure yourself while visiting this wild part of internet. Today I am going to tell you about some precautions that you should must use while surfing dark web. Secure Your Browser Securing your browser must be your top priority as hackers can exploit it to gain access to your machine. So lets talk about some ways by which you can make your browser more hardened.
1. If a website doesn’t use HTTPS, don’t use it.
3. Disable all the plug ins as they can be used to track/ exploit your system
4. Don’t use search Engines like Google which track you. Instead, go for DuckDuckGo which doesn’t keep the records or inject tracking cookies into your browser
5. If you download something from the dark web its ok but consider opening it in a sandbox or a virtual machine
6. Don’t use torrent because torrent uses a peer to peer connection instead of using TOR network.
7. Don’t maximize TOR browser’s windows as it can be used to determine screen size of your device.