Foxit PhantomPDF Business 8 Overview
Foxit PhantomPDF is a business ready PDF toolkit to create professional looking PDF documents and forms for tasks such as developing personal documents, implementing workgroup collaboration, designing company forms, producing company collateral, finalizing agreements, applying digital signatures, or document archiving.
Foxit PhantomPDF Business 8 – Robust for the needs of businesses. Expands upon PhantomPDF Standard by providing the security that helps companies meet regulatory compliance and corporate governance for their important documents and archives and to ensure documents don’t change after they are approved. You can extend the usage control benefits of Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory Rights Management Service to all your PDF documents; allowing author control of document features within each PDF, where you can certify documents and set permitted actions after certifying.
Features of Foxit PhantomPDF Business 8 Final
• XFA Form Filling – XFA (XML Form Architecture) form allows you to leverage existing XFA forms.
• High Performance – Up to 3 times faster PDF creation from over 200 of the most common office file types and convert multiple files to PDF in a single operation.
• One Click PDF Creation – Creates PDF document with a single mouse click from Microsoft Office applications like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Advanced PDF Editor – Allows you to modify any page contents in any PDF documents, select, insert, change, remove, rotate, copy and paste text, images, graphics and shadings.
• Convert PDF to DOC, text, and image formats – easily shares content with other applications like Microsoft Word.
• Robust Document Security – Using password protection, certificate encryption, and digital signature tools.
• Redaction – Lets you permanently remove (redact) visible text and images from PDF documents.
• Document Certification – Indicates you approve of its content and allows you to specify the types of changes that are permitted for the PDF to remain certified.
• Microsoft Active Directory RMS Protector and Policy Manager – Extends the usage control benefits of Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Service to all your PDF documents and allows the author the control of document features within each PDF.
• Form Design – Easy to use electronic forms design tools to make your office forms work harder. Enables you to create or convert static PDF files into professional looking forms. Form data import tools allow data to be automatically imported into a form reducing manual key entering and input errors.
• Optical Character Recognition – OCR support to convert scanned or image-based content into selectable and searchable text.
• Create industry-standard compliant PDFs from any printable file, PDF/A supported – Since Foxit products are ISO 32000-1 / PDF 1.7 standard compliant, they are compatible with other PDF products like those from Adobe.
• PDF Optimizer – Optimizes PDF document to reduce the file size.
• High Compression of scanned documents.
• Email and Phone Support – helps when you need it.
New Features in Foxit PhantomPDF 8
* OneDrive and Google Drive integration. Open PDFs in OneDrive/Google Drive through Foxit PhantomPDF’s Open command to view, edit, and save PDFs. Save local PDFs in OneDrive/Google Drive through Save As command.
* Create PDFs from Microsoft Visio (Business only). Quickly create and email PDFs using a Foxit PDF tab in the Microsoft Visio ribbon.
* Word count. Count words, lines, and characters for an entire PDF document or just a selected text block.
* Time stamps. Add time stamps from a server to PDFs/digital signatures to use verified time. Manage trusted certificates for digital signatures and time stamps.
* RMS redaction in Word, PPT, and Excel (Business only). Redact text in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2010/2013/2016, with the original unredacted document visible to authenticated users.
* Create PDFs from Mail Merge through the PhantomPDF add-in in Microsoft Word
* Link paragraphs across pages for better text flow when editing text
* Arabic language support in the OCR module
Improvements in Foxit PhantomPDF 8
* Insert pages into multiple PDFs. Insert pages from a current document to multiple PDFs at one time.
* Redaction with right-click menu. Right-click selected marked content to quickly apply redaction to the selected or all marked areas.
* Quick OCR with one click. Use the quick OCR button to recognize PDFs immediately with default settings.
* Split the page display vertically for easy reading.
* Edit text directly from the right-click menu when selecting the text using Select Text tool.
* Allow use of the Polish currency symbol in format properties of form fields.
* Support drop-down calendars in XFA forms.
Issues Addressed in Foxit PhantomPDF 8
* Fixed an issue where the Foxit PhantomPDF window would be nonresponsive or turn black while converting large PDF files to another format.
* Fixed a security issue where the application could crash unexpectedly when converting certain image with incorrect image data.
* Fixed a security issue where the application could crash unexpectedly when parsing certain PDF files that contain a malformed image inside a stream object.
* Fixed a security issue where the application could be exposed to a remote code execution vulnerability due to a JBIG2 Out-of-Bounds Read.
* Fixed a security issue where the application could be exposed tothe XFA FormCalc Replace Integer Overflow Vulnerability.