The Essentials of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
What you’ll learn
- Know the Concepts and Terminologies that you need to work with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Work with the Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL and Big Query GCP services
- Create and Work with Google Cloud Platform Free Trial Account
- Manage GCP environments using three different methods (Console, Mobile App, Command-Line)
- Install and Configure GCP Cloud SDK
- Work with GCP command-line tools
- Use Cloud Shell tool to manage the GCP environment
- You’ll need a Google/Gmail account and a credit card or bank account to sign up for the Google Cloud Platform free trial (Google is currently blocked in China).
- There is a known issue with certain EU countries where individuals are not able to sign up, but you may sign up as “business” status and intend to see a potential economic benefit from the trial. More details at: https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/6090602 • More Google Cloud Platform free trial FAQs are available at: https://cloud.google.com/free-trial/
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
This hands-on essentials course introduces you to the concepts and terminology for working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You learn GCP fundamentals, learn about product and services how to manage these services using the three different methods that GCP provides.
In this course you will start with knowing how to find information on the GCP and the services it has to offer and, then go on to learn about GCP core infrastructure – regions, zones and projects. In the lab lessons, you will learn how to create a trial account, use GCP console, mobile app and the command-line tools to manage the four most commonly used services.
You will deploy a website, upload files to cloud storage, set permissions to allow anonymous users to access your files in cloud storage, create and query a database in cloud SQL. You will also import data into BigQuery service and run a query to analyze the dataset.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for technology professionals who want to learn Google Cloud Platform