Build, test, deploy Node for Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, and ARM with the latest DevOps practices from a container expert.
What you’ll learn
- Optimize your local development setup for NodeJS in Docker
- Operate smoothly in a team of NodeJS developers using Docker and Compose
- Improve the speed and reliability of your Node builds and testing using Docker
- Get the best NodeJS tweaks to use for dev, test, and prod
- Design NodeJS images for use with Kubernetes and Swarm
- Learn about security scanning and locking down your NodeJS apps
- Familiar with the basics of programming, cloud computing, and how to deploy apps to servers
- Use a modern Linux, Windows, or macOS computer that supports Docker
Welcome to the best course on the planet for using Docker with Node.js! With your basic knowledge of Docker and Node.js in hand, Docker Mastery for Node.js is a course for anyone on the Node.js path. This course will help you master them together.
I’m your instructor Bret, an Award Winning Docker Captain, DevOps community leader, and a bestselling Udemy author. I built this course for you because I live and breathe Docker containers, and I’ve enjoyed using Node.js since 2012. They work great together, and I’ll show you how!
Learn the cutting edge features of Docker in 2019 that will make your Node.js apps build faster, smaller, and run more securely and reliability. Containers and Node.js are two of the hottest and most popular topics in tech.
It’s just as important to know what not to do, as well the best ways to use Node.js in Docker, and I teach a huge amount of info in this course for do’s and don’ts with Node.js in Docker.
Some of the many cool things you’ll do in this course:
- Build Node.js Images that auto-scan for security vulnerabilities
- Use Docker’s cutting-edge BuildKit with SSH Agents and NPM Caches for better image building
- Use docker-compose with Visual Studio Code for full Node.js debug support in Docker
- Ensure you’re using all the latest features of Docker Desktop
- Use BuildKit and Multi-stage Builds to create minimal and flexible Dockerfiles
- Build custom Node.js images using distro’s like CentOS and Alpine
- Test Docker init, tini, and Node.js as a PID 1 process in containers
Who this course is for:
- NodeJS developers with basic Docker knowledge who want to use the best that containers has to offer
- NodeJS build engineers who want to improve their testing setups and CI/CD workflows
- New NodeJS developers who want to use Docker with all the best practices for Node
- Server operators who want to optimize their deployments and improve the stability of their NodeJS apps
- Docker users who want to understand the best and most secure ways to deply and use NodeJS