The limited-time offer includes courses from Google, AWS, Duke, Michigan, Yale, and more.image1024×512 35.4 KB
The COVID-19 lockdowns led to unprecedented interest in online courses. In late March 2020, Coursera responded by introducing 100 free certificates 2 . Initially, these were to remain free until the end of May. But the offer proved so successful for Coursera, that it was extended — first until July 31, then through 2020.
But things didn’t end there. To kick off 2021, Coursera allowed learners to redeem a free certificate from a list of 25+ courses. And in late March, they announced a list of ~20 free certificate courses to the celebrate Holi, the Indian festival of colours. Then in April, to celebrate the company’s 9th birthday, they offered 9 free certificate courses.
New Limited-Time Offer
Now, Coursera has introduced a new offer. The company has announced 58 courses with with free certificates that you can find below. The offer is valid until June 30, 2021. Although the offer says it is only for India, here at Class Central, we have been able to access the free certificates from other countries as well.
The promotion includes courses from Duke, Michigan, Google Cloud, AWS, and Yale, among others. Some courses about COVID-19 from Johns Hopkins and Stanford University also currently have free certificates.
(We’ll continue to update this page with Coursera’s new free certificate offers. So you might want to bookmark it!)
If these courses don’t interest you, either browse our extensive catalog of 30,000 online courses or have a look at our thematic collections:
- Massive List of Thousands of Free Certificates and Badges
- 1600+ Coursera Courses That Are Still Completely Free
- 450+ Free Ivy League Online Courses
- The Best Online Courses of All-Time
- 250 Top Udemy Courses of All Time
To see all our compilations, visit Class Central’s Collections.
How to Redeem a Free Course?
To redeem a course:
- Click on the course name in the list below.
- Click on the Go to Class button, on the top right.
- Wait for the promo bar to appear at the top.
- Click on Enroll for Free .
- Log in or join Coursera.
- Verify that course fee has been waived, like on the image below.
The course fee should now be reduced to zero.
Below, you can find the list of courses with a free certificate.
Coursera Free Certificate Courses
- Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential 2 from McMaster University ★★★★★(6274)
- A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment 1 from Indian School of Business ★★★★★(492)
- De-Mystifying Mindfulness 1 from Leiden University ★★★★★(87)
- Psychological First Aid 1 from Johns Hopkins University ★★★★☆(46)
- Chinese for Beginners 1 from Peking University ★★★★☆(45)
- First Step Korean 1 from Yonsei University ★★★★★(36)
- Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation 1 from University of Cape Town ★★★★★(33)
- Introductory Human Physiology 2 from Duke University ★★★★☆(28)
- Positive Psychology 1 from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ★★★★☆(28)
- Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health 1 from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ★★★★☆(27)
- The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know 1 from University of Michigan ★★★★★(19)
- Dog Emotion and Cognition 1 from Duke University ★★★★☆(19)
- Sharpened Visions: A Poetry Workshop 1 from California Institute of the Arts ★★★★☆(18)
- Sit Less, Get Active 1 from University of Edinburgh ★★★★☆(16)
- Introduction to Personal Branding 1 from University of Virginia ★★★★☆(15)
- Personal & Family Financial Planning 1 from University of Florida ★★★★☆(13)
- How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course) 1 from State University of New York ★★★★☆(12)
- Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming 1 from University of Edinburgh ★★★★☆(12)
- Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success 1 from Imperial College London ★★★★★(12)
- Getting Started with AWS Machine Learning 2 from Amazon Web Services ★★★☆☆(11)
- COVID-19: What You Need to Know (CME Eligible) 1 from Osmosis University ★★★★★(11)
- The Challenges of Global Health 1 from Duke University ★★★★★(10)
- Infection Prevention in Nursing Homes 1 from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ★★★★☆(10)
- Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups 1 from University of Colorado Boulder ★★★★★(8)
- How to Get Skilled: Introduction to Individual Skills Management (Project-Centered Course) 1 from State University of New York ★★★★☆(7)
- Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age 1 from University of Toronto ★★★★★(6)
- Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation 1 from American Museum of Natural History ★★★★★(6)
- The Arts and Science of Relationships: Understanding Human Needs 1 from University of Toronto ★★★★☆(5)
- Private Equity and Venture Capital 1 from Università Bocconi ★★★★☆(5)
- Build Your First Android App (Project-Centered Course) 2 from École Centrale Paris ★★★★☆(5)
- Version Control with Git 2 from Atlassian ★★★★★(5)
- Disease Screening in Public Health 1 from University of Geneva ★★★★☆(4)
- Science of Exercise 1 from University of Colorado Boulder ★★★★★(4)
- Healing with the Arts 1 from University of Florida ★★★★☆(4)
- Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals for AWS Professionals 2 from Google Cloud ★★★☆☆(4)
- Global Health: An Interdisciplinary Overview 1 from University of Geneva ★★★★☆(3)
- Communicating During Global Emergencies 1 from Emory University ★★★★☆(3)
- Essentials of Global Health 1 from Yale University ★★★★☆(2)
- The Language of Design: Form and Meaning 1 from California Institute of the Arts ★★★★★(2)
- Foundational Skills for Communicating About Health 1 from University of Michigan ★★★★★(1)
- Exploring Emerging Technologies for Lifelong Learning and Success 1 from University at Buffalo ★★★☆☆(1)
- Health in Complex Humanitarian Emergencies 1 from Emory University ★★★★★(1)
- Introduction to Cloud Identity 1 from Google Cloud ★★★★★(1)
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing For Nursing Professionals 1 from University of Houston ★★★★★(1)
- High Stakes Leadership: Leading in Times of Crisis 1 from University of Michigan
- Disease Clusters 1 from Johns Hopkins University
- Write Your First Novel 1 from Michigan State University
- Mindfulness and Well-being: Living with Balance and Ease 1 from Rice University
- Foundations of Mindfulness 1 from Rice University
- SARS-CoV-2 and acute respiratory viral infections 1 from Saint Petersburg State University
- Introduction to AWS Identity and Access Management 1 from Amazon Web Services
- Migrating to Google Cloud 1 from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Fundamentals for Azure Professionals: Core Infrastructure 2 from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Computer Vision Applications 1 from Intel
- Networking and Security Architecture with VMware NSX 1 from VMware
- Population Health During A Pandemic: Contact Tracing and Beyond 1 from University of Houston
- Aruba Networking Basics 1 from Aruba
Johns Hopkins & Stanford COVID-19 Courses with Free Certificates
These free certificates are a different offer from the above list and are available until and past July 28th, 2021.
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing 1 from Johns Hopkins University ★★★★★(10)
- COVID-19 Training for Healthcare Workers 1 from Stanford University ★★★★★(2)
- Measuring and Maximizing Impact of COVID-19 Contact Tracing 1 from Johns Hopkins University ★★★★☆(3)
- Strategies for Senior Housing Communities during COVID-19 1 from Johns Hopkins University
- Strategies for Assisted Living Communities during COVID-19 1 from Johns Hopkins University
- Capacitación sobre COVID-19 para trabajadores de salud 1 from Stanford University